Are you getting queries from friends, family members, business partners, or other people that you’re busying there calls? Incoming call busy issues can be found on both Android and iOS devices, knowing how to fix incoming call busy issues keeps you salve from such complaints.
This once happens to me, I get so many people complaining saying; Am calling you but is showing line busy? Why did you block my line and when I called it shows line busy? You don’t want to pick up my calls right, because of that, you’re busying my calls?
In this case, explaining these issues to them seems maybe you’re lying, or maybe it;s truth. Whatever be the case, I will show you how to resolve incoming call busy issues once you’ve confirmed that you have one.
The problem with incoming call busy did not begin with the introduction of Android and iOS device. A phone was designed to receive and make calls, as well as send and receive text messages, long before we started using smartphones.
Even back then, it was possible for a caller to be unable to contact you because your line looked to be busy all of the time due to your preferences or a setting error on your mobile device.
The way we used to address the incoming call busy problem on our non-smart phones is totally different from how we do it now on our Android and iOS. Compare both smart and non-smart phones, it’s rather simple to resolve an issue on your smart device if detect.
How do I know I have incoming call busy issue?
As started before, you may not be notified of your incoming call busy problem until you start hearing from friends, family member, business partner or others about how they tried to contact you but were unable to do so.
At this point, they can inquire as to why your phone is always busy when someone calls, or why your calls are always forward or shows line busy.
Am getting missed calls but those calling is telling me is showing them line busy
Yes, when incoming call busy problem start, in some situations, you may receive alerts indicating that you have a missed call from a specific number, even when the individual was not aware that the call had gone through.
I get to know mine when so many people keep telling me that my MTN line keep showing line busy and on my side, am getting missed calls from them.
If you’ve this problem, I will say this is not a good situation for personal or professional relationships. Consider the opportunities you could have missed if you weren’t reachable. What about those misunderstandings that may arise if friends believe you intentionally stopped or barred them from calling you?
The question now is how do I fix incoming call busy issues.
How To Fix Incoming call busy?
Don’t worry, incoming call busy it’s quite easy to fix. The most common reasons that causes incoming call busy are the flight mode, call barring, call forwarding or call auto-reject. Check below how to fix incoming call busy problem:
1. Check if the Airplane or Flight mode is turned ON
If the Airplane or Flight mode is turned ON both on android or iOS devices, might cause incoming calls to be busy. These methods apply to both iPhones and Android phones.
Here’s how to get it fixed:
- Go to your phone Notification Panel. To get here, you just have to swipe your screen downwards.
- Look for Flight/Airplane/Aeroplane mode; if it shows blue color, then it is ON. Turn it off by taping it again.
- Now try calling your phone from another device after the above steps.
If the problem remains, make sure that call barring is switched off.
2. Turn off call barring
If your phone has call barring turned on, you must first turn it off before this problem may be fixed:
How to turn off call barring on your iOS device (iPhones)
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Click on Calls.
- Check for call barring.
- Turn it off.
Depending on the phone’s brand, you may still need to tap on Additional settings to find call barring.
How to turn off call barring on your android device
- Tap on the call icon from your apps list in the menu.
- Tap on the three vertical dots beside the search bar to show you more options
- Tap on settings
- Tap on calling accounts (Note, all your networks will be listed here).
- Tap on the network that has the incoming call busy problem.
- Select Call Barring
- Ensure that all call barring options are turned off.
- To be double-sure, click Deactivate all, then enter your SIM password and deactivate all call barring.
3. Turn off call forwarding
If the first two options fail to resolve the issue, check to see if call forwarding has been turned on. Some persons switch it ON while in a meeting or while distracted by their phones and forget to switch it OFF. If that’s the case, see the steps to turn OFF call forwarding:
- Go to settings.
- Click on call settings.
- Click on call forwarding.
- Tap on Disable all call forwarding or Turn off all call forwarding. Whichever of the two options your phone displays should do.
Call settings may not be available in the Settings menu on some Android phones. If that’s the case, go to the procedures below:
- Tap on the call icon, as if you want to make a call.
- Tap on the three vertical dots beside your search bar to show you more options.
- Tap on settings.
- Tap on calling accounts.
- If your device uses dual or triple SIM, all your networks will be listed. Just tap on the network that has the incoming call busy problem.
- Select call forwarding.
- Then, ensure that all options are turned off.
- If the Always forward option is on, tap on it and set it to Never forward.
4. Check the Do Not Disturb settings
Do check your Do Not Disturb (DND) settings and see that you have not blocked any number from calling you.
How to check your Do Not Disturb for iPhones
- Go to Settings.
- Do not Disturb.
- If it is ON, turn it off.
- Also, if you don’t want to be interrupted at specified times, such as while you’re sleeping or vlogging, you can put it on a schedule.
How to check your Do Not Disturb for Android phones
- Go to your Settings.
- Tap on Sound & vibration.
- Navigate to Do Not Disturb.
- Here, you can choose to turn it off totally or schedule it to turn on during weekends or weeknights.
Read More About: MTN Do Not Disturb Service.
5. Check the auto-reject settings
You should also make sure that auto-reject is disabled on select Android models, such as Samsung and Infinix.
How to check auto-reject settings for Samsung
- Go to Settings.
- Call Settings.
- Tap on All calls.
- Navigate to Auto Reject and disable.
How to check auto-reject settings for Infinix
By following the below steps, note that auto-reject is programmed as Reject call in Infinix device. To fix it on Infinix device follow the steps below:
- Swipe down the notification panel.
- Tap on the “reject call” icon and turn it off.
6. Check the “Display over other apps” settings
When you are busy on your phone, perhaps using another app, various settings on your phone could cause the incoming call busy notification.
Here’s how to check the display over other app settings:
- Go to phone settings.
- Apps & notifications.
- Select the Phone icon
- Navigate to Display over other apps.
- Make sure is set to “Allowed”. If it is not, toggle it back on.
Incoming calls will now be displayed even if you’re busy with another application. You can turn off your phone if you don’t want to do something on it, but make sure you turn it back on when you’re done.
7. Restart the Phone
If you’ve tried the above step and your line still showing line busy and you’re getting missed call notification, restarting the phone might be another alternative on how to remove line busy on android phone.
To get start in restarting your android or iOS device so as to fix incoming call busy problem, long press the phone’s power button > select the option restart/reboot. Alternatively, switch OFF the phone and ON it back again within some minutes.
Other Ways To Fix Incoming Call Busy Problem
My phone is showing number busy even when its not.
After following the above mentioned 7 ways to resolve incoming call busy, and still callers get a busy signal, here’s the last option I recommend you use to fix phone line busy but not in use problem.
Factory Reset will help you fix incoming call busy problem if the above steps didn’t work.
Using the Factory Reset / System Flashing method will cause you to lose information like installed apps, music, videos, documents, as well as contact saved on your phone storage. But surely, the method will fix the incoming call busy issues on your android or iPhone.
So, my advice on this is that you backup relevant files such as phone contacts, musics, videos, and other reasonable items that you might need because you’re going to lose them all. This is going to turn your phone into brand-new device with nothing inside except some followed come apps.
How To do Factory Reset?
- Go to the phones Setting.
- Navigate down to select System.
- Scrow to select Reset Option.
- Tap on Factory Reset.
- Follow the onscreen message to complete the factory reset process and your incoming call busy problem will be fixed immediately.
If you can’t do the system flashing/factory reset yourself, ensure you meet good technician then they backup your contact list before trying your mobile re-set. That’s all I have to offer you on why does my phone give a busy signal when you call it?
Do these get your incoming call busy problem fixed? Yes, share with other to help them also.
Please, don’t forget to share your own ideas on how you fix your incoming call busy problem, it will help us improve the way we serve you.