Are you in search of how to get your PHCN prepaid meter recharge? Or ways to check your PHCN prepaid meter balance? What about checking your PHCN meter number?
In this guide, we’re going to work you through all the different ways to recharge PHCN prepaid meter.
Are you using PHCN meter? Hence locking for PHCN prepaid meter codes for recharging, checking balance as well as checking the PHCN meter number. Let’s dive in.
How to recharge your PHCN Prepaid Meter
Recharging your PHCN prepaid meter can be done through several ways, one of which is recharging either using the PHCN prepaid smart card or by simply recharging online.
To recharge PHCN prepaid meter online is a bit faster and easier than using PHCN prepaid smart card process.
The down side when recharging with smart card is that you need to configure your smart card from the nearest PHCN office or disco outlet around you so that you can use the PHCN smart card to load, purchase, check or retrieve power credit when needed.
What is PHCN Prepaid Meter Smart Card
PHCN prepaid meter smart card is a card that contains the 20 digits code alongside you meter number, usually hold by PHCN meter customer so as to load, purchase, check or retrieve power credit any time.
The steps on how to recharge PHCN prepaid meter are as follows:
Recharging PHCN prepaid meter using smart card
Following your choice, the steps involved in recharging your PHCN meter using smart card are highlighted below:
- Visit any of the dealer outlets (PHCN office) or disco offices close to you with your PHCN smart meter card.
- They will request your smart card, present it to them
- Request the unit you can afford and pay
- Here, you would be given a slip that contains a 20-digit code (Receipt as proof of successful payment).
- Go to your PHCN prepaid meter and enter the 20 digit code through the CIU Keyboard correctly on the LCD screen. And that’s all.
Recharging you PHCN Meter directly with your smart card
- Go to where your PHCN meter is located and open the smart card door to insert your meter. Note, monitor, and carefully insert the PHCN smart card in the proper direction indicated on the card.
- Ensure that the control box is connected to the PHCN’s own power source while attempting to recharge.
- As soon as you insert your PHCN smart card, on the monitor unit’s (LCD screen) you would notice a symbol that looks like this “_ _ _”. This shows that your meter and the smart card are synchronizing. In this process, you’re not supposed to tamper or remove the smart card while credit loading is incomplete so as to avoid damaging the smart card and your prepaid meter.
- Pay attention to your LCD screen as you’d be notified once loading is completed.
- If the token is entered correctly, the screen will display “ACCEPT” which means that you have successfully recharged your PHCN prepaid meter but if the screen displays “REJECT”, this means the code was not accepted probably due to an error while entering the meter codes and the recharge FAILED.
Recharging PHCN Prepaid Meter online
You can as well recharge PHCN meter online from the comfort of your home, and one of the easiest ways is using nepa.ng. To recharge PHCN prepaid meter from any internet-enabled device, see the steps below:
- Get your device connected to the internet and open your browser
- Visit www.nepa.ng
After, you will see all lists of different electricity distribution companies in Nigeria such as Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC), Eko Electricity Distribution Company (EKDC), Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO), Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company (PHEDC), Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) among others.
- Here, you’re to select the one your electricity meter is registered with.
- After that, you’ll be taken to another page where you can type in your meter number, select the amount of electric unit you want to buy (in naira), input your email, phone number, and other information then click on “submit”.
- Ensure you confirm the order summary, and then select your preferred mode of payment (either via Bank transfer or via credit card) and enter your ATM card details appropriately.
- After that, you’d be taken to the final page showing that your order has been confirmed successfully.
- Then your token is sent to your mobile number or email address immediately.
- Proceed to the location where your PHCN meter is installed, and enter this token correctly on your PHCN prepaid meter, then you have the electric prepaid meter credited automatically.
Recharging PHCN meter online is much easier and faster when compare to recharging using smart card. This saves you time, energy and cost of transportation to the nearest PHCN, disco office or any electricity business hubs.
How to check your PHCN meter number
Checking you PHCN prepaid meter number is very easy as blinking your eyes. To check your PHCN meter number, simply press 65 followed by the blue button. Note, your PHCN meter number is the 11 digit number displayed on the PHCN LCD screen.
How to check your PHCN prepaid Meter balance
Searching for steps on how to check your PHCN prepaid meter balance, your search ends now.
So, if you want to check your PHCN prepaid balance or know the amount of total credit used on the PHCN meter, press 07 on your prepaid CIU keypad followed by the blue button.
Your available balance on your PHCN meter will be displayed on the LCD screen in this format (130.10).
The above information shows you how to recharge PHCN prepaid meter, check the balance on your PHCN prepaid meter as well as checking your PHCN meter number without any difficulty.
- How To Recharge AEDC Prepaid Meter Online
- Frequently Asked Questions on PHCN prepaid Meter
- A Complete Review On Conlog Electric Prepaid Meter
- Complete Review On PHCN Prepaid Meter
- The PHCN Prepaid Meter Cheat: How to Make Prepaid Meter Read Slowly
- A Complete Review On PHED Prepaid Meter
- Prepaid Meter Activation, Troubleshooting Codes & Token Loading
- Conlog Prepaid Meter Activation and Related Issues
- How To Apply For The IBEDC Prepaid Meter
- The Main Source Of Electricity In Nigeria
- Ways To Recharge PHCN Prepaid Meter and Check Balance